It’s a podcast dedicated to Italian music. We’ll talk about our adventures in the Italian music scene, covering everything from a great band that was playing in Terlizzi to our favorite pizzica group (Italian folk music) to movie theme songs blaring over the Italian radio.
You’ll learn all about:
- Our special Italian music night in Terlizzi
- I Murgensis, a local band from the Muggia
- Why Paul loves Italian music from the 50s and 60s
- A special Italian homage to Frank Sinatra that we heard
- The Italian version of a grilled cheese sandwich, featuring balls of caciocavallo melting over a hot grill
- The portable pasta maker at the music night
- Why the old town was perfect for the concert
- Why you wont find a night like this in big Italian tourist cities like Rome
- Southern folk music, Pizzica
- And why it’s called Pizzica
- Why we call our handyman a factotum
- Why his radio station sets the mood for the villa every day
- Paul’s experience with Mina, Italy’s Barbra Streisand
- How a Mina song plays a big role in Paul’s 46th birthday and the twin towers
- Where I heard the theme song to Star Wars
- Our idea for a retro-music party at the villa
- A cool concert we went to in nearby Soverto
- An amazing electro-classical concert we held here at the villa
Paul and his big loaf
Part of the concert we held at the villa (sorry for the bad lighting).
Doesn’t do them justice, but here’s I Murgensis
Some Pizzica. Again, doesn’t do this group justice.
We love us some Mina. Is this what turned Paul gay??