It’s all about biking Puglia, Italy. We’ll cover the itinerary for our amazing week of biking through the Italian countryside, from coastal towns to castles to amazing meals, it’s all included when you hop on a bike a join us in Puglia.
- Why our Puglia bike tour is unique compared to most other bike trips
- Where most Greco Roman urns in museums around the world come from (hint: it’s a nearby town we visit during the first day of our tour)
- What Molfetta and Hoboken have in common
- A bit about Giovinazzo
- A little about Gravina and it’s ancient cave churches
- Where you’ll find a room full of stacked skulls
- What a “picnic lunch” entails at Villa Cappelli
- A bit about Castel Del Monte, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- What the artist who created the statue of Domenico Modugno was doing at the villa (hint: it’s all about ancient stucco)
- How cactus plants play a part on making ancient stucco
- A bit about Pogliano a Mare and Grotta Palazzese, a restaurant listed as having one of the best views in the world
- A little about Matera, European Culture Capital for 2019
- All about our favorite ride of the week from Monte Gargnone to Castello di Monteserico through rolling hills and amazing countryside
- The beauty of abandonment
- A little history on Trani and its famous cathedral
- How you can join the bike tour or design your own
- My recommendations for any bike trip
Recommended bike gear
Video that gives you an idea of how fun the bike trip can be.
Join us for an amazing trip!
Form your own group and bike with us. Click here.
Join other bikers through our trips with HETravel. Click here.
Some pics from some of the trips