What role do Italian women play in their society? How about American women? Does it differ? Joe and Andrea Lathe-Vitale return for the second part of our sit down with them around the kitchen table. Things got a little political and we discussed a bit how we have seen women’s places in Italian culture and society.
Topics we cover:
- A couple of reasons homes stay in families for so long
- How Italy does not let anyone go by the wayside — they take care of you
- How there is only one homeless person in all of Terlizzi
- Why the women do not want the men to do any housework, according to Paul
- How women didn’t want Steven to help clear the table
- How Italians always figured out a way to put away money
- Paul’s memory of Christmas Clubs
- How a lot of men from Southern Italy were icemen in the summer and home heating oil in the winter
- What jobs were listed on the records for Andrea’s family
- How women used to not able to pass down Italian citizenship to their family
- Pay inequality in America with men v. women
- How women still get the short end of the stick still in America
- Why we renamed our Red Tropea Onion Conserve Cipolon’
- Here is Joe and Andrea’s site again to order their hot stuff: Fancy Cat Sauce Co.